J. Bally 2006 Pyramide
A 2006 vintage agricole from Martinique, and one of the greatest names in the game.
The J. Bally brand is named after founder, Jacques Bally, who purchased the Lajus plantation in 1917 following its closure after the 1902 Mount Pelee eruption. After rebuilding the distillery virtually from scratch and acquiring the neighbouring Habitation Dariste, the equipment from which was incorporated into the restored Lajus, Jacques began to lay down spirt in 1924. The distillery was eventually bought by Remy Cointreau, who closed it down in 1989. Production was then moved first to Le Simon distillery, where this was distilled, and then to Saint James in 1998, where it remains today under the ownership of La Martinquaise.