Chairman's Reserve '1931'
St Lucia Distillers was formed in 1972 through the amalgamation of Barnard family owned Dennery distillery, with the operations of the Geest family at Roseau Bay. The deal saw the former site closed down, with operations consolidated at the latter. The Barnards bought their partners out of their share in 1993, before the operation was bought out by what would become CL Financial in 2005, the parent company of Angostura. A brief affair, CL Financial divested their rum portfolio following the 2008 financial crisis, and in 2009 St Luca Distillers were acquired by Martinique-based Spiribam, owners of the Rhum Clemént and Rhum J.M brands. The company has four stills; two John Dore pot stills installed in 1998 and 2005, a hybrid Vendome pot still (with eight plate column neck) brought in from Trinidad Distillers in 2003, and the original two-column McMillan coffey still from 1985. John Dore 1 and the Vendome still are the smaller of the group, and are used to produce pure cane juice rums in addition to the molasses based spirit distilled on all four.
The 1931 celebrates the construction of Denis Barnard's first distillery near Dennery that year. The rum is a vatting of 14 distillates from all four still, including some agricole.They were all aged seperately for 6-15 years in port and bourbon wood before blending.