Updated: 17 Jul 2019
www.rumautioneer.com is a site operated by Rum Auctioneer Limited. These terms (along with the documents it refers to) informs you of Rum Auctioneer’s terms and conditions for users of this site. Please read these terms carefully. By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and we recommend that you print off a copy for future reference.
Rum Auctioneer reserves the right to amend or revise these terms at any time by updating the text on this page. We recommend that every time you use our site, that you check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you accept responsibility for checking this page regularly for such alterations by which you will be bound.
Date last amended = 15/08/2016
About Rum Auctioneer
Rum Auctioneer Limited, is a limited company registered in Scotland under the company number SC490586 and we operate from West Building, Ruthvenfield Grove, Inveralmond Industrial Estate, Perth, PH1 3FN. Our VAT registration number is 197 5059 65. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or any comments or concerns regarding the website, you can contact us at email@example.com or on 01738 245 576
- Our Auction Terms and Conditions, which sets out the conditions upon which you may use our auction service whether as a seller or as a buyer.
Accessing the site
Our site is made available free of charge.
Access to the website is allowed on a temporary basis and Rum Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service and/or our site without notice (see below). We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
You are responsible for taking all measures necessary in order for you to gain access to the website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Where you are given a user ID, password or any other piece of information as part of Rum Auctioneer’s security procedures, that information must be kept confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for any transactions undertaken via your account by any third party where you have disclosed such information.
What you may not use our site for
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is illegal, inappropriate or otherwise contrary to general standards of decency.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree:
· not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms;
· not to misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attack our site via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately;
· not to scrape our site with any automated tools without explicit permission to do so;
· not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any part of our site;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright, and other laws, and all such rights reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your own personal use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining written consent from the owner of Rum Auctioneer.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Liability and accuracy of information posted
Descriptions, information and previous sale information posted on the site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Rum Auctioneer therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the site by any visitor to the site or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We will not be liable for any such inaccuracies.
Site provided 'as is'
You acknowledge and agree that it is technically impossible to provide the site free of faults, bugs and errors and that access to the site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
We do not accept any liability for faults which may lead to temporary unavailability of the site, whether this is in our reasonable control or not.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), and breach of statutory due or otherwise even if foreseeable, whether direct or indirect, arising under or in connection with (i) use of, or inability to use, our site; or (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We do not make any express or implied warranties or representations in relation to the site (including, without limitation, warranties or guarantees that the site is accurate, complete or up to date), and the same are hereby excluded in so far as we are permitted by law.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not exclude liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or breach of statutory duty.
Linking to Rum Auctioneer
You may provide a link to our site from a site owned or operated by you, as long as you do so in a way that is fair and legal and without intention to damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Linking permission can be removed at any time by Rum Auctioneer.
Links from Rum Auctioneer
Our site contains links to various sites and other resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may be suffered in connection with your use of them.
If you are a business, these terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by Scottish law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.