Based in the UK or U.S.? We’ve updated our shipping fees to the U.S. and for EU-based lots to the UK. Before you bid, please familiarise yourself with these at the bottom of this page.
We understand that shipping is an important service for our customers. This is why we work hard to develop strong relationships with our delivery partners to ship to as many global locations as possible, stay up to date with all international regulations and provide the best possible service.
Lots are sold from both our UK and EU offices - click to find out how this expands the services we can offer you.
See below for information about the delivery options in your country.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SHIPMENTS
- All prices quoted are based on a standard 70cl bottle and therefore may vary for heavier or larger bottles.
- Prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival by persons over the legal drinking age in the destination country - proof of age may be required.
- Deliveries will take place Monday to Friday
- Delivery companies may require contact details for the recipient. Please include a phone number or email with the recipient address when placing an order.
- Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion. Buyers can purchase Loss & Breakage Assurance at the checkout stage to cover for loss and breakage in transit. Where this has not been selected, no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit and the risk of loss and/or breakage in transit is exclusively held by the customer; no claims shall be entered into by or against Rum Auctioneer.
- All orders from our UK office being shipped out of the UK may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- All orders from our EU office shipped out of the EU may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- We are unable to provide refunds on purchases which have been destroyed, delayed or returned to us due to customs, administrative issues and/or unpaid fees/taxes.
- If shipping orders from multiple offices (e.g., one order from UK and another from EU), those orders will each be charged individually for shipping. They will also be shipped separately so may not arrive at the same time.
SWEDEN, FRANCE, ITALY, POLAND, SLOVAKIA AND HUNGARY BASED BUYERS
Before you bid on a UK-based lot, there are three things to note for buyers based in Sweden, France, Italy, Poland, Slovakia or Hungary:
1. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your order to arrive.
2. Please refer to our shipping costs at the bottom of this page.
3. An additional charge of 20% of the hammer price will be charged post-auction. This covers any local taxes that would have been payable to receive the order into your country. Therefore, you will not need to pay any local taxes or other import/customs related fees upon receipt of your order.
Please note: The points above are not applicable when shipping to other locations in the EU/outside the UK for orders based at our UK office.
SHIPPING LOTS FROM BOTH THE UK AND EU?
If you have won lots based in both the UK and EU, then these will be shipped separately. You will receive separate shipping/tracking notices and details. We appreciate your patience with this. Please allow 10 days following the payment for those separate shipping/tracking details to come through to you via email.
If after 10 days following payment you still haven't received shipping/tracking details for all your orders to be shipped, please contact our Client Services team who will be happy to help.
Shipments to the US may take up to 21 days to arrive following payment. At your request, we are able to provide tracking information and this will be sent to you within 5 days following a dispatch confirmation email.
LOSS & BREAKAGE ASSURANCE
Can I insure my bottles?
Most courier companies fail to cover alcohol or glass on their insurance policies. We can offer Loss & Breakage Assurance (formerly Risk Free Shipping) for your items at a cost of 3% of the total hammer price and commission.
Loss & Breakage Assurance is automatically added to your order at the checkout stage, however, this can be removed.
We have many years experience in shipping rum globally and work hard to reduce any risk of damage to items bought in our auctions.
Can I store items to save on shipping costs at a later date?
Can I collect my winning lots in person?
Yes. Please find out more information on collection services here.
Should you wish to collect your bottles in person, please book an appointment first:
UK Head Office Address: Rum Auctioneer Ltd, West Building, Ruthvenfield Grove, Inveralmond Industrial Estate, Perth, United Kingdom PH1 3FN (Get Directions)
Opening Times: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
Germany Office Address: Rum Auctioneer Ltd, Zechenring 6B, 41836, Ratheim, Germany
Opening Times: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
How long does it take to receive my winning lot(s)?
If you are successful at auction, once payment is received by Rum Auctioneer then your rum will be dispatched within 7 working days.
For more information please visit our International Shipping page.